Monday, November 29, 2004

Calm In The Storm

My calm in the storm. I have realized, finally after two years that my future is not what the U.S. Government makes of it but what I make of it. Sure, the U.S. Government can tell me that I'm not fit to be a pilot in the U.S. but that's not the end of the world. There are so many other interests of mine like photography. I would love to take some photo-journalism classes. I truly believe that photography could be a segway to my problems. I think that photography is something that I have enough natural talent in to be good at it if practical skills training were applied. It's funny how capitalistic America can help you find your niche. I saw an ad for an amazing digital camera. It would probably take a good portion of next summer's pay or my IRS refund to pay for it but then again. If it's something I truly love, I should pursue it correct? My philosophy on life seems to be changing. I've had enough of sitting on my ass, idly watching as the FAA determines my livelihood, waiting to be possibly devastated by the outcome. I will no longer let the demon that is the FAA certification, granted or ungranted stop me from pursuing something that I truly love to do. I don't know what it's taken me this long to realize it. I guess I never really thought about it. In the end, you always find where you need to go. I would love to take up photography and I think that's where I may need to go. And, just as the song I'm listening to. That, gives me a Small Measure of Peace. I leave you with a quote. I've already posted it but it is so profound that I feel the need to reiterate it.

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success."- Emerson

....My small measure of peace and calm in the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home