Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Gladiator Quotes


Is Rome worth one good man's life? We believed it once. Make us believe it again. He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him. - Lucilla, Gladiator (2000)

There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile. - Marcus Aurelius, Gladiator (2000)

I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God. - Caligula, Caligula (1979)

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. - Maximus, Gladiator (2000)

We mortals are but shadows and dust. Shadows and dust, Maximus - Proximo, Gladiator (2000)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home